Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Monday, October 2, 2017

Temple and Family History Work Open the Heavens

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2017/10/open-the-heavens-through-temple-and-family-history-work?lang=eng
I was particularly impressed with the presentation done by President Russell M. Nelson, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his wife, Wendy W. Nelson at RootsTech 2017. I was pleased and somewhat surprised to find the entire presentation reproduced in the October 2017 edition of the Ensign Magazine. The article is entitled, "Open the Heavens through Temple and Family History Work."

I commend reading the entire article, but I was most impressed with Sister Nelson's summary near the end of the article. Here is the quote from the article.
Sister Nelson: It is my testimony that however fabulous your life is right now, or however discouraging and heartbreaking it may be, your involvement in temple and family history work will make it better. What do you need in your life right now? More love? More joy? More self-mastery? More peace? More meaningful moments? More of a feeling that you’re making a difference? More fun? More answers to your soul-searching questions? More heart-to-heart connections with others? More understanding of what you are reading in the scriptures? More ability to love and to forgive? More ability to pray with power? More inspiration and creative ideas for your work and other projects? More time for what really matters? 
I entreat you to make a sacrifice of time to the Lord by increasing the time you spend doing temple and family history work, and then watch what happens. It is my testimony that when we show the Lord we are serious about helping our ancestors, the heavens will open and we will receive all that we need.
I have been asked many times how I can write and do so many things. I attribute everything I have been able to do for the last 35 years or so to my involvement in family history. As my wife and I contemplate leaving our home to spend a year on a full-time mission, I continue to reflect on the influence and blessings that have come into my life because of my interest in and work in family history. I hope to be able to continue that work as long as I live.

Read the entire article.

No comments:

Post a Comment